Grilled Wing Zingers Recipe
- 40 whole chicken wings (about 8 pounds)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups hot sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Celery sticks
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. Set the wings aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the brown sugar, hot sauce, butter and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until butter is melted and sauce is heated through. Cool.
- In a gallon-size resealable plastic bag, combine the sugar, seasonings and 1 cup sauce. Add chicken wings in batches; seal bag and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and grill wings over indirect medium heat for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with remaining sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine blue cheese and ranch salad dressing; serve with chicken wings and celery sticks. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Wing Zingers(5)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe!! I made 16 lbs for a summer party and they were all gone. BTW, I cooked them in the oven because there were too many other things on the grill that afternoon.
A great recipe for people who love Hot Wings.
This recipe is definitely my "go to" recipe for wings.
I have dubbed these my "pantry wings" because of the number of different ingredients in them. They are labor intensive, but very worth it.
I have mixed a 5x batch of the dry ingredients to have at the ready. Really saves time. I get requests for these wings ALL the time. They have never failed to WOW even the most discerning "wing heads"
Lots of flavor, my go to recipe for outstanding wings.
Since it was terribly cold, I placed the wings on a cooling rack placed inside a sheet cake pan and baked at 350 degrees for 45 minutes and basting. They were absolutely HOT! And the are worth it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cajun Appetizers >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Wings >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Appetizers >