- 8 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Celery sticks
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Set wings aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, hot sauce, butter and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until butter is melted and sauce is heated through. Cool.
- In a gallon-size resealable plastic bag, combine sugar and seasonings. Add chicken wings in batches; seal bag and toss to coat evenly.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine blue cheese and ranch salad dressing; serve with chicken wings and celery sticks. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Wing Zingers
Sort By :
"My husband loves these wings and requests them often! I cut back on the rosemary, cayenne pepper and chili powder some."
"Excellent recipe!! I made 16 lbs for a summer party and they were all gone. BTW, I cooked them in the oven because there were too many other things on the grill that afternoon."
"A great recipe for people who love Hot Wings."
"This recipe is definitely my "go to" recipe for wings.I have dubbed these my "pantry wings" because of the number of different ingredients in them. They are labor intensive, but very worth it.I have mixed a 5x batch of the dry ingredients to have at the ready. Really saves time. I get requests for these wings ALL the time. They have never failed to WOW even the most discerning "wing heads""
"Lots of flavor, my go to recipe for outstanding wings."