Grilled Whiskey Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, mix butter, molasses, cinnamon and lemon juice; refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Place pepper in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix whiskey and salt. Dip chops in whiskey mixture, then in pepper.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with molasses butter. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1 tablespoon butter mixture equals 459 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.