Grilled Whiskey Chops
No one can believe that these fabulous chops are ready in half an hour! We love them for weeknights and family gatherings. The dollop of molasses butter on each chop is absolutely delish! —Kelly Melling, Frankton, IN
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, mix butter, molasses, cinnamon and lemon juice;
- refrigerate until serving.
- Place pepper in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix
- whiskey and salt. Dip chops in whiskey mixture, then in pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub
- on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chops, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with molasses
- butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1 tablespoon butter mixture equals 459 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.