- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, mix butter, molasses, cinnamon and lemon juice; refrigerate until serving.
- Place pepper in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix whiskey and salt. Dip chops in whiskey mixture, then in pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with molasses butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Whiskey Chops
"These chops were easy to make and good! My son loved them. The rest of the family just thought they were ok."
"This was delicious and easy to prepare. It is on my list for the next time we have company!"
"pork and whiskey - two of my favorite things! The flavor is greatly affected by the whiskey you use. My best tip, use ONLY the whiskey you enjoy drinking. It is completely worth it. I personally prefer Makers Mark. Combined with the molasses and cinnamon Makers gives these chops a sweetness that you can't get with other dry whiskey. I will be making this over and over again."