Grilled Waffle Treats
I made these super sandwiches for family and friends for the first time on a Fourth of July. Everyone loved the generous portions and shared their fondest memories of making and eating s'mores on campouts.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 frozen waffles
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place one waffle on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil
- (about 12 in. square). Sprinkle with 1/4 cup each marshmallows and
- chocolate chips; top with another waffle. Fold foil around sandwich
- and seal tightly. Repeat three times.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until chocolate
- is melted, turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 440 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.