Grilled Venison and Vegetables Recipe
My husband enjoys hunting, and it's my challenge to find new ways to serve venison. This recipe makes hearty kabobs perfect for grilling. The marinade reduces the "wild" taste, so guests often don't realize they're eating venison. Eva MiIler-Videtich, Cedar Springs, Michigan
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Dash pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 8 to 12 cherry tomatoes
- 8 to 12 fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1/2 medium green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 to 2 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 8 to 12 small new potatoes, parboiled
- In a glass bowl or plastic bag, combine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, pepper and garlic powder; set aside 1/4 cup for vegetables. Set aside 3/4 cup for basting. Add meat to bowl or bag; stir or shake to coat. Cover (or close bag) and refrigerate for 4 hours. One hour before grilling, toss vegetables with 1/4 cup reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from meat.
- Thread meat and vegetables alternately on skewers. Grill over medium-hot heat for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the venison reads 160°, turning and basting frequently with reserved 3/4 cup marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Venison and Vegetables in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p35
Reviews for Grilled Venison and Vegetables(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2011
We backed it and it was great. My husband and kids ate every last bite before the day was over and I made 3lbs of it. It is a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilled Zucchini >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >