Your garden's bounty will be put to good use in this delightful entree, which resembles a pizza. When I find a recipe like this that’s so well received, I make a copy, put it in a protective sleeve and store it in a binder so I can make it again.—Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Brush the zucchini, summer squash and red pepper with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt. Grill vegetables over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut into 1/2-in. cubes and place in a small bowl; stir in tomato.
- Combine the mayonnaise, pesto, basil and oregano; set aside. Brush both sides of tortillas with remaining oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until puffed.
- Remove from the grill. Spread grilled sides with sauce; top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Veggie Tortillas in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p53
Reviews for Grilled Veggie Tortillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review