Grilled Veggie Tortillas for Two Recipe
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Brush the zucchini, summer squash and red pepper with 1-1/2 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with salt. Grill vegetables over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut into 1/2-in. cubes and place in a small bowl; stir in tomato.
- 2. Combine the mayonnaise, pesto, basil and oregano; set aside. Brush both sides of tortillas with remaining oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until puffed.
- 3. Remove from the grill. Spread grilled sides with sauce; top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pizza: 400 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Grilled Veggie Tortillas for Two
"Fantastic as dinner for 2"