Put your garden vegetables to good use in this delightful entree, which resembles a pizza. —Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: 45 Surprising Foods You Can (and Should!) Grill
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Brush the zucchini, summer squash and red pepper with 1-1/2 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with salt. Grill vegetables over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut into 1/2-in. cubes and place in a small bowl; stir in tomato.
- Combine the mayonnaise, pesto, basil and oregano; set aside. Brush both sides of tortillas with remaining oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until puffed.
- Remove from the grill. Spread grilled sides with sauce; top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Veggie Tortillas for Two in Taste of Home
Reviews for Grilled Veggie Tortillas for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2011
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2011
"Fantastic as dinner for 2"