Grilled Veggie Tortilla Wraps Recipe
You don't have to be a vegetarian to appreciate the wholesome goodness of these wraps. The tasty tortillas, stuffed with cream cheese and marinated veggies, will have everyone singing their praises.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add zucchini, yellow squash and red pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and pesto; set aside. Drain and discard marinade. Place vegetables in a grill basket or disposable foil pan with slits cut in the bottom. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 3. Spread reserved pesto cream cheese over tortillas; top with vegetables. Fold sides over filling. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wrap equals 361 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC