Grilled Veggie Sausage Pizza Recipe
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1-1/3 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the sugar, oil, salt, garlic salt, oregano and 1-1/2 cups flour. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 3. Wrap foil over the outside bottom of two 12-in. pizza pans; grease pans and set aside. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pans; build up edges slightly.
- 4. Spread pizza sauce over crusts; sprinkle with sausage, cheese, mushrooms and peppers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until bottom of crust is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas.
1 slice: 416 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Veggie Sausage Pizza
"This was fabulous, I've used the pizza crust in this recipe for several other pizza's and have never been disappointed. Bakes up just as nice in the oven too! I did however use my own homemade pizza sauce and omitted the mushrooms to suit my hubby. All in all is a definite keeper!!"
"We made this on our charcoal grill and it turned out GREAT! Why order takeout when you can make it this good at home? I probably added a little more toppings than it called for but other then that didn't change a thing. You have to try it!"