Grilled Veggie Pork Bundles Recipe
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices onion (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 slices tomato (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut in half
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Cross two bacon strips to form an "X"; repeat. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; place over bacon strips. Layer with onion, tomato and green pepper. Wrap bacon strips over vegetables and secure with a toothpick.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare the grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place pork bundles over the drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Place cheese slices over bundles; cover and grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 590 calories, 42g fat (18g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 46g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Veggie Pork Bundles
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.