Grilled Veggie Pork Bundles
"We enjoy these colorful bundles on the deck along with rice and a tall glass of iced tea," Linda Turner Ludwig says from Columbiana, Ohio. For variety, try it with provolone cheese or red sweet peppers...or a substitute chicken breast for the pork chops.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices onion (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 slices tomato (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut in half
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Cross two bacon strips to form an "X"; repeat. Sprinkle pork chops
- with salt and pepper; place over bacon strips. Layer with onion,
- tomato and green pepper. Wrap bacon strips over vegetables and
- secure with a toothpick.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare the grill for indirect heat,
- using a drip pan. Place pork bundles over the drip pan. Grill,
- covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°.
- Place cheese slices over bundles; cover and grill 1 minute longer or
- until cheese is melted. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bundle equals 590 calories, 42 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium,