- 4 bacon strips
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices onion (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 slices tomato (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut in half
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Cross two bacon strips to form an "X"; repeat. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; place over bacon strips. Layer with onion, tomato and green pepper. Wrap bacon strips over vegetables and secure with a toothpick.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare the grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place pork bundles over the drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Place cheese slices over bundles; cover and grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Veggie Pork Bundles in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 31
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Veggie Pork Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review