Grilled Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 8 small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, onion, vinegar, water, 3 teaspoons oil and seasonings. Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Brush crust with remaining oil; spread with pizza sauce. Top with grilled vegetables, tomatoes and cheese. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Rotate pizza halfway through cooking to ensure evenly browned crust. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.