Grilling these pizzas is a quick summery alternative to cooking them in the oven. If it’s raining, simply pop them in a 350° oven for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 8 ounces Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, cook arugula just until wilted; remove and keep warm.
- Brush one side of each pita with remaining oil. Layer with cheese, tomatoes, arugula, onion mixture, olives and capers. Grill pizzas, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Veggie Pita Pizzas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p30
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Veggie Pita Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review