Grilled Veggie Mix Recipe
Living on this beautiful Canadian island, we often grill out, so we can eat while enjoying the scenery. This tempting veggie dish is the perfect accompaniment to any barbecue fare. To make the recipe even more satisfying, I often use my homegrown vegetables an herbs in the mix.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place vegetables in the center of two pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Combine dressing ingredients; drizzle over vegetables; toss gently to coat.
- 2. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 146 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC