Grilled Veggie Kabobs
Serve this very colorful side dish with any meal this summer! It's simple and fresh, and it'll perk up any summertime dinner plate. Kathy Franklin - Antioch, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the corn,
- onion and peppers. Brush kabobs with oil. Combine the chili powder,
- salt and sugar; sprinkle over kabobs.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for
- 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob equals 122 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.