Grilled Veggie Fettuccine Salad Recipe
This is my mother's favorite meatless meal. It is great either as a side dish for dinner or the main course for lunch. It is so colorful and is also delicious.—Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 onion slices (3/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Cut ends off of peppers, then cut lengthwise into quarters. Coat eggplant and onion slices on both sides with cooking spray.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill the vegetables, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Cool slightly; cut into bite-size pieces.
- 3. Drain fettuccine and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add grilled vegetables and tomato. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over fettuccine mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 184 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Grilled Veggie Fettuccine Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC