My mother and I love to eat vegetables the most flavorful way—grilled! Seasoned with fresh herbs, these colorful kabobs showcase the best of summer's bounty. —Susan Bourque of Danielson, Connecticut
- 1 medium ear fresh or frozen sweet corn, thawed and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, quartered
- 1/4 small red onion, halved
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the corn on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the corn, zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle over vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning frequently. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Vegetable Skewers in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p37
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2013
"I love the addition of corn on these skewers. I did brush them with Italian dressing before grilling because I like the flavor with grilled vegetables."
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2010
"Very good, so easy to make and healthy, too! What more could a person want!!!"