- 1 medium ear fresh or frozen sweet corn, thawed and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, quartered
- 1/4 small red onion, halved
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the corn on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the corn, zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle over vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning frequently. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable Skewers
"Delicious!!!! So easy and pretty too. I did add mushrooms and some par cooked baby potatoes to ours. The second time I made this we didn't have enough skewers so grilled some of them in a basket and it worked out well."
"I love the addition of corn on these skewers. I did brush them with Italian dressing before grilling because I like the flavor with grilled vegetables."
"Very good, so easy to make and healthy, too! What more could a person want!!!"