- 1 medium ear fresh or frozen sweet corn, thawed and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, quartered
- 1/4 small red onion, halved
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the corn on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the corn, zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle over vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning frequently. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Vegetable Skewers in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p37
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2013
"I love the addition of corn on these skewers. I did brush them with Italian dressing before grilling because I like the flavor with grilled vegetables."
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2010
"Very good, so easy to make and healthy, too! What more could a person want!!!"