We’re thrilled when the garden starts providing the goodies needed for this simple salad. It’s wonderful alongside grilled salmon or basic burgers and hot dogs.—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Featured In: 20 Ways to Make Potatoes on the Grill
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- Slice the squash, zucchini and red onion; cube the eggplant and cut the red pepper into 1-in. pieces. Place in a large bowl; add the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, oregano and rosemary. Toss to coat.
- Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, dressing mix, garlic salt and pepper. Divide salad greens among six serving plates; top with grilled vegetables. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
Originally published as Grilled Vegetable Ranch Salad in Country Woman June/July 2010, p43
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable Ranch Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review