Grilled Vegetable Potato Skins Recipe
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 14-16 minutes or until tender, rotating the potatoes once. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the squash, zucchini, peppers and onion. Pour salad dressing over vegetables. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate for 20 minutes.
- 3. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell (discard pulp or save for another use). Brush inside of shells with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Place potato shells skin side up on grill rack and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade. Transfer the vegetables to a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- 6. Sprinkle potato skins with cheese. Fill with grilled vegetables; sprinkle with remaining salt. Grill 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 107 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable Potato Skins
"These were amazing! Excellent flavor & very, very filling."