Grilled Vegetable Platter Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 small carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Place 3 tablespoons marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Marinate 1-1/2 hours at room temperature.
- Transfer vegetables to a grilling grid; place grid on grill rack. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat 8-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Place vegetables on a large serving plate. Drizzle with remaining marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable Platter(31)
Sort By :
I love this and I am not a healthy food eater. Whatever is left can be either reheated or I prefer it cold. My mom is grill phobic so when I made it I just zapped the veggies in the microwave checking every two minutes for desired tenderness. My sister made the recipe but put the veggies in the oven. Both of us had a different small amount other vegetables which we each added, snowpeas, green beans and beets.
Great however you alter it.
(Sorry for the typos on my review.)
My mom is strictly a meat and potatoes type of person. At 98 she can be without thre holier than thou health gestapo getting on her case. she says she actually ate the fairly large portion I put on her pate and fed half her top sirloin to the dog. This is exceptionally good.
My favorite food is grilled veggies but I don't usually marinate then. I'll just toss them a few minutes before cooing them. I made this Monday night but I used apple cider vinegar in place because I didn't have balsamic and added onion powder. Delish!! :) Always marinating now! haha
I added more veggies than the recipe called for and added zucchini. I also doubled the marinade to ensure adequate coverage. This was delicious. We grilled burgers and had this side dish and that was plenty. I think you could add mushrooms, broccoli, celery and a few other assorted veggies and it'd taste great as well. One of the easiest side dishes to make, short of opening a can of corn - lol. Can't wait to make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Asparagus >
- Grilled Asparagus Recipes >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >