Grilled Vegetable Platter Recipe
The best of summer in one dish! These pretty veggies are meant for entertaining. Grilling brings out their natural sweetness, and the easy marinade really kicks up the flavor. —Heidi Hall, North St. Paul, MN
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 small carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Place 3 tablespoons marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Marinate 1-1/2 hours at room temperature.
- 2. Transfer vegetables to a grilling grid; place grid on grill rack. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat 8-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- 3. Place vegetables on a large serving plate. Drizzle with remaining marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC