- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 small carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Place 3 tablespoons marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Marinate 1-1/2 hours at room temperature.
- Transfer vegetables to a grilling grid; place grid on grill rack. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat 8-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Place vegetables on a large serving plate. Drizzle with remaining marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable Platter
"One of my favorite marinated veggie recipes. I've used it over and over just as is or with other veggies too. My family likes mushrooms marinated and grilled with this recipe."
"Perfection!!! This is absolutely the best vegetable dish for the grill. Loved the marinade. Can't wait to make again and to make for company!"
"Vegetables never tasted so good!"
"SimpleFoods: for the oven roast it at 400 F.Loved this recipe. Grilled on my gas BBQ and the sweet and tangy flavours came through deliciously!"
"I haven't made this yet but we enjoy roasted veggies in the oven. I''m wondering if those who posted that they use this recipe for roasting could state what temp they use? From my experience, different veggies require different temps. Of course, I want to add others that aren't mentioned in the recipe - mushrooms, snow peas, and more. They will all make a difference and some will require closer watching. Suggestions about this? This will be a winner for us, I know - we much prefer roasted veggies over any other method, including grilling."
"This was a good but not great dish. I thought the squash was too mushy but that may been my fault for cutting them too thin (will cut 1/2 inch or thicker next time). The asparagus and carrots were great. Next time I may only use those two vegetables."
"I love this and I am not a healthy food eater. Whatever is left can be either reheated or I prefer it cold. My mom is grill phobic so when I made it I just zapped the veggies in the microwave checking every two minutes for desired tenderness. My sister made the recipe but put the veggies in the oven. Both of us had a different small amount other vegetables which we each added, snowpeas, green beans and beets.Great however you alter it."
"(Sorry for the typos on my review.)"