- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet yellow or red pepper, halved
- 1 large portobello mushroom, stem removed
- 1/2 medium red onion, halved
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Place vegetables in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Add to vegetables and toss to coat.
- Remove vegetables, reserving dressing. Grill mushroom, pepper and onion, covered, over medium heat 5-10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Grill asparagus and zucchini, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- When cool enough to handle, cut vegetables into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine cooked orzo, grilled vegetables, tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and reserved dressing; toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable Orzo Salad(9)
Sort By :
This is such a great recipe for summer time when there are lots of fresh veggies. But...I loved the smell so much in cooking it that I served mine warm. I did have quite a few more mushrooms and I fixed chicken breasts on the side if anyone wanted one. However...mostly they ate this salad. Served some warm bread on the side too.
I used rice instead of orzo, as well, and served with shredded turkey. It was outstanding.
This was delicious!
This salad is excellent! Orzo is a nice change from traditional pasta salads. I did throw in some cooked wild rice, as I am from northern Minnesota where it is abundant & I like to put it in alot of my salads.
I have made this twice and have received tons of requests for the recipe. Delicious, may add shredded chicken to make it a meal!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Grilled Asparagus >
- Grilled Asparagus Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilled Zucchini >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >