Susan Hase of Larsen, Wisconsin shares a hearty potato dish that's her no-fuss favorite. And because everything is wrapped in foil and cooked on the grill cleanup in a snap.
- 12 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 3/4 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into chunks
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or shredded Swiss cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes and sweet potato on an 18-in. x 15-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with half of the garlic, parsley, salt and lemon-pepper. Seal packet tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, place mushrooms, onion, green pepper, zucchini and summer squash on a 20-in. x 18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining seasonings. Seal packet tightly. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10 minutes on each side or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine the contents of both packets in a serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Vegetable Medley in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p56
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2011
"I love veggies like this! I don't like green bell pepper so, I cleaned and halved Brussel Sprouts and continued with recipe. Came out great! For those of you who don't like Brussel Sprouts, try them roasted, much better!"