- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brush cut sides of bread with oil. Layer with tomatoes and zucchini; sprinkle with cheddar cheese, pimientos, olives and Creole seasoning.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Place bread on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; grill 2-4 minutes longer or until melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable Cheese Bread
Sort By :
I loved this recipe! It was a perfect side dish for a family dinner.
This was AMAZING!!!
When I first tried this recipe, I thought it would be good, but I was in for such a surprise. It was SO good! It really WOWed me. I could just keep eating it and eating it. I love grilling it over a charcoal grill to get an awesome smokey flavor to it, but I've also done it under the broiler and enjoyed eating it that way, too. I look forward to making this every summer when my husband and I start grilling more often. I highly recommend this recipe.
Or you could just call it pizza.