- with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place vegetables in a grill wok or basket.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender,
- stirring occasionally.
- Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms. Brush mushrooms
- and eggplant with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or
- until tender. Grill eggplant, covered, over medium heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon
- garlic and remaining pepper.
- Place mushrooms on a greased baking sheet; spread each with 2
- teaspoons cheese mixture. Layer with zucchini, squash, 2 teaspoons
- cheese mixture, eggplant and remaining cheese mixture. Top with
- mozzarella cheese and tomato. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or
- until cheese is melted.
- In a large skillet, saute remaining garlic in remaining oil for 1
- minute. Add spinach; cook for 4-5 minutes or until wilted. Divide
- among four plates; top each with a mushroom stack. Drizzle with
- vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 377 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 833 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.