Grilled Vegetable and Goat Cheese Napoleons Recipe
Vegetarian or not, your guests will savor this meatless entree at your next summer soiree. -Joan Meyer, New York, New York
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 slices eggplant (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Brush tomatoes with 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with oregano, basil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Brush zucchini and yellow squash with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place vegetables in a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms. Brush mushrooms and eggplant with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with remaining salt. Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Grill eggplant, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon garlic and remaining pepper.
- Place mushrooms on a greased baking sheet; spread each with 2 teaspoons cheese mixture. Layer with zucchini, squash, 2 teaspoons cheese mixture, eggplant and remaining cheese mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a large skillet, saute remaining garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add spinach; cook for 4-5 minutes or until wilted. Divide among four plates; top each with a mushroom stack. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Vegetable and Goat Cheese Napoleons in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p211
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable and Goat Cheese Napoleons(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilled Zucchini >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >