- 4 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged Cherry Hardwood Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots or onion, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 (7 oz) package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Links or Paties, sliced or cubed
- 2 cups grilled or roasted vegetables, such as zucchini, bell peppers and mushrooms, coarsely chopped*
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup basil or thyme leaves, chopped
- * Often found at deli or take out food counters at the supermarket. Any combination of left over cooked vegetables may be substituted.
- Cook bacon in a large deep skillet or saute pan over medium heat until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a paper towel; set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Add shallots to drippings in skillet; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of the broth; simmer until broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time cooking until broth is absorbed before adding more.
- Continue simmering stirring occasionally until rice is firm to the bite. (This will take about 18 to 20 minutes total time).
- Stir in sausage and vegetables; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through and rice is tender, adding additional broth if needed to keep a creamy consistency.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and reserved bacon. Top with basil. Yield: 4 servings
Originally published as Grilled Vegetable, Sausage & Bacon Risotto in Jones Sausage 2016
Reviews for Grilled Vegetable, Sausage & Bacon Risotto
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review