I absolutely love sweet potato casserole and can hardly wait until the holidays to begin baking it. This version can be done on the grill in less than 30 minutes! Large sweet potatoes may require more cinnamon-sugar topping ingredients. Add more mini marshmallows before serving if desired. —Norma Conley, Richmond, Kentucky
Recommended: What to Make for Dinner When Your Fridge is Bare
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 3-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2-in. slices; transfer each potato to individual pieces of heavy-duty foil (12-in. square). Cut butter into thin slices; place between potato slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans. Fold foil around potatoes, sealing tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until potatoes are tender, 18-22 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove potatoes from grill; carefully open tops of foil. Sprinkle marshmallows over potatoes (do not seal foil). Return potatoes to grill rack. Grill until marshmallows are softened, 3-4 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sweet Potato Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p140
Reviews for Grilled Up Sweet Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review