Grilled Turkey Vegetable Burger Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded peeled apple
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- 2. Grill, broil or pan-fry for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 446 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Grilled Turkey Vegetable Burger
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.