Grilled Turkey Vegetable Burger Recipe
I was delighted to find this recipe, a healthy version of burgers with little fat, but flavorful ingredients, including carrot, onion and apple. I make these burgers with either ground turkey or chicken.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded peeled apple
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, broil or pan-fry for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Burgers in Reminisce Extra June 2004, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Turkey Vegetable Burger(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >