Grilled Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
THESE special grilled sandwiches are great for lunch or supper. Since I'm cooking for two at our house nowadays, I enjoy being creative with simple meals. Time spent in the kitchen is kept to a minimum when this entree is on the menu. -Dollypearle Martin, Douglastown, New Brunswick
- 4 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 2 slices (1 ounce each) cheddar, Swiss or provolone cheese
- 4 thin slices cooked turkey
- 6 to 12 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. Spread cream cheese on two slices of bread. Layer cheese, turkey and spinach over cream cheese; top with remaining bread. Spread butter on top and bottom of sandwiches. Cook on both sides on a hot griddle or skillet until the bread is browned and cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 331 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 811 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC