- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Greek olives, chopped
- 8 pita pocket halves
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup yogurt mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate turkey for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining yogurt mixture.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- To remaining yogurt mixture, add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, green pepper, cheese and olives.
- Grill pita halves, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until warm. Fill each pita half with sliced turkey and 1/3 cup yogurt mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Turkey Pitas
Sort By :
Excellent. We snacked on the veggie/yogurt mixture using pita chips while waiting for the turkey to finish grilling.
I can't rate this since I haven't made it, but I am looking forward to giving it a try. Since I don't grill, I am going to try using rotisserie turkey breast from my grocer. The dressing is the key to the flavor profile, and I am looking forward to using it. I think it would also go very well with lamb, or small meatballs made with ground turkey ground lamb or a combination of the two meats.
Know I would like it, but won't fix it
because it has way too much sodium
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Sandwiches >