Grilled Turkey Breast Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (about 2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. Place turkey in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine the next five ingredients; pour over turkey. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill turkey, covered, over indirect heat for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170°. Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with the turkey. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (prepared with unsweetened cranberry and orange juices; calculated without the sauce) equals 110 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.