- 1/2 medium fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grill pineapple slices, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Dice the pineapple; place in a bowl. Stir in the onion, jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Brush tuna steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with pineapple salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Tuna with Pineapple Salsa
"I made this today, I did not have all the ingredents to make the fresh pineapple salsa, so I imporvised. By taking a can of pineapple chuncks and dicing them up and adding it to about 1/3 cup of fresh tomato salsa it had the onions, jalapenos, cilantro and spices. I also added some extra dried cilantro, and a dash of cayanne pepper, and about a 1 tablespoon of honey. It made a excellent salsa to the ahi tuna steaks I made for dinner tonight."