Grilled Tuna with Fresh Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 tuna steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, cilantro, 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar and jalapeno if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, ketchup and remaining vinegar; set aside.
- 2. Rub both sides of fish with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, basting frequently with reserved hoisin sauce mixture. Serve with pineapple salsa. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup salsa).
1 each: 256 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 0 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Tuna with Fresh Pineapple Salsa
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.