- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 tuna steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, cilantro, 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar and jalapeno if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, ketchup and remaining vinegar; set aside.
- Rub both sides of fish with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, basting frequently with reserved hoisin sauce mixture. Serve with pineapple salsa. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup salsa).
Originally published as Grilled Tuna with Pineapple Salsa in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Tuna with Fresh Pineapple Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review