Grilled Tuna Steaks Recipe
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once or twice. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Before serving, brush tuna with remaining marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
1 tuna steaks equals 218 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Tuna Steaks
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.