Grilled Tuna Steaks Recipe
"My husband and I love to grill," Michelle Armistead says of her low-fat and nearly carb-free entree. "This delicious recipe is quick enough for weeknight meals. Simply make a salad and side dish while the tuna steaks are marinating, and dinner is on the table in no time," she writes from Marlboro, New Jersey.
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once or twice. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Before serving, brush tuna with remaining marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 218 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Tuna Steaks
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC