Grilled Tuna Steaks for Two Recipe
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic and thyme. Add the tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2. Remove tuna from bag; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 218 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 40g protein Diabetic Exchanges:5 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Grilled Tuna Steaks for Two
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.