Grilled Tuna Bibb Salads Recipe
- 1 pound tuna steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Whole Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1. Sprinkle tuna with lime juice, salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. For medium-rare, grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until slightly pink in the center. Cut into 1-in. pieces.
- 2. Finely chop the celery, peppers and onion; place in a large bowl. Add the torn lettuce, tuna, basil and rosemary; toss to combine.
- 3. Arrange lettuce leaves on four plates; top each with 2 cups tuna mixture. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups salad with 2 tablespoons dressing equals 228 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.