"After sampling some wonderful tuna at a Japanese restaurant, I decided to try my hand at coming up with the recipe," says Michelle Dennis of Clarks Hill, Indiana. "It took a little trial and error, but I was pleased with the results—these seasonings are a lovely complement to the tuna."
Featured In: Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Remove 1/3 cup to a small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Tuna Steaks in Backyard Living March/April 2006, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Tuna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review