Grilled Triple-Decker Club Recipe
If you like ham and cheese, you'll savor this hearty sandwich from Christine Nelson of Decatur, Arkansas. The meat and mozzarella delight is dipped in an egg batter before grilling. "This is a delicious combination, but you can substitute other meats," Christine suggests.
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 thin slices deli ham
- 2 thin slices deli turkey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Layer one slice of bread, one slice of cheese, ham, second slice of bread, turkey, mayonnaise, remaining cheese and remaining bread. In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk. Brush over the outsides of sandwich.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Brown sandwich on both sides until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 1,010 calories, 68 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 390 mg cholesterol, 3,247 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 58 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC