If you like ham and cheese, you'll savor this hearty sandwich from Christine Nelson of Decatur, Arkansas. The meat and mozzarella delight is dipped in an egg batter before grilling. "This is a delicious combination, but you can substitute other meats," Christine suggests.
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 thin slices deli ham
- 2 thin slices deli turkey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Layer one slice of bread, one slice of cheese, ham, second slice of bread, turkey, mayonnaise, remaining cheese and remaining bread. In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk. Brush over the outsides of sandwich.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Brown sandwich on both sides until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Grilled Triple-Decker Club in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p11
Reviews for Grilled Triple-Decker Club
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review