Give this classic an awesome twist! Turn plain ol’ grilled cheese into a bistro-like sandwich with a variety of cheeses and fresh ingredients. We know you’ll love it! Elaine Haskins - Troutville, PA
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- Sprinkle tomatoes and onion over four bread slices. Layer with cheese slices; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p45
Reviews for Grilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review