Grilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches
Give this classic an awesome twist! Turn plain ol’ grilled cheese into a bistro-like sandwich with a variety of cheeses and fresh ingredients. We know you’ll love it!
Elaine Haskins - Troutville, PA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- Sprinkle tomatoes and onion over four bread slices. Layer with cheese
- slices; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread
- is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 591 calories, 39 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.