Give this classic an awesome twist! Turn plain ol’ grilled cheese into a bistro-like sandwich with a variety of cheeses and fresh ingredients. We know you’ll love it! Elaine Haskins - Troutville, PA
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- Sprinkle tomatoes and onion over two bread slices. Layer with cheese slices; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches for Two in Simple & Delicious
Reviews for Grilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2013
"The onion and tomatoes gave this sandwich a really nice flavor. However it had way too much cheese. I think I will cut the amount of cheese in half next time."