Give this classic an awesome twist! Turn plain ol’ grilled cheese into a bistro-like sandwich with a variety of cheeses and fresh ingredients. We know you’ll love it! Elaine Haskins - Troutville, PA
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- Sprinkle tomatoes and onion over two bread slices. Layer with cheese slices; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches for Two in Simple & Delicious
Reviews for Grilled Tomato-Cheese Sandwiches for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2013
"The onion and tomatoes gave this sandwich a really nice flavor. However it had way too much cheese. I think I will cut the amount of cheese in half next time."